240.24B

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have seven tenant spaces each separated by fire wall multi occupancy building. Electrical room with door entry is inside first tenant space. The electrical room has SWBD. The first, second and third tenant Roof Top Units are fed from SWBD.

I thought nec 2014 Article 240.24(B) branch circuits need to be accessible to tenants.

So the questions are:

1. If RTU have local disconnect on roof and if the disconnect is fuse then cable feeding the RTU from SWBD need not be accesible to tenant? Its a feeder.

2. Hiwever, If RTU have local disconnect on roof and if the disconnect is non fuse then cable feeding the RTU from SWBD is branch circuit need to be accessible to tenant?

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Does not fit the house panel. Swbd also feeds thru fdr breakers tenants 4 to tenant 7 tenant panels. It does not feed common area lighting and swbd is 1200A 208/120V with spare bkrs.

FWIW, I have always seen the "...under continuous building management supervision" clause interpreted pretty loosely. Almost always its actually "there is guy we can call and if he answers he can probably be here in 20 minutes." :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.