Tommy C's Test Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyC

img]

TommyC

What the (can't say that word)!!!!!????

What the (can't say that word)!!!!!????

Bob, I tried twice removing the . It still won't work. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong? (besides attempting to get cooperation from a computer)

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Tommy, I think you're copying the web address of the page the picture is contained on, instead of the web address of the picture itself.

It's like me saying, "Look at the picture in Mike Holt's Forum."

There's a hundred on this page alone.

"Look at the smiley face on this page."

That's what you need.

TommyC

gotta try it once more to be sure I got it

gotta try it once more to be sure I got it

Thanks Bob and George, I appreciate the help. The computer lives another day:wink:
my.php

TommyC

One more question

One more question

Hey guys,
Now that I've got that figured out, how do I post the actual photo in a post instead of posting a link to the photo?

iwire

Staff member
Tommy first let me say I feel like you when it comes to computers, one of my printer, scanner fax machines was launched out my back door onto the driveway. It was very satisfying to watch it turn into plastic rubble. :D

Hit the quote button on my post that has your picture in it.

Once you do that you will see exactly what I typed to post your picture.

I got the address by right clicking on your picture, then clicking properties and copy the pictures URL.

Put the copied URL between [ img] [ /img] tags (without the spaces)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
TommyC said:
But how do I do it Bob?
Tommy
Find the picture you want on the web and then right click on the picture. A dialog box will come up with the url address. Highlight the address and copy it (ctrl C). Now you have it-- in the message box hit the image icon ( near the right -- looks like a yellow envelope). If you have a pop up blocker on go to step 2.
If no pop up blocker--- a dialog box will appear asking to put your url address in the box. Paste the saved url address into that box (ctrl V) and VOILA-- you're done.

2.you will hear a beep and a yellow bar will appear near the top of your screen. Right click that yellow bar and select " allow". Hit the icon button again and a dialog box will appear asking to put your url address in the box. Paste the saved url address into that box (ctrl V) and VOILA-- you're done.

TommyC

Bob,
I know the joy that only destroying a piece of electronic excrement can bring. I had a situation very similar to yours. I used to live in a second floor apartment. Imagine the joy of watching my copy/fax/scanner sailing down to its ignominious end, then shattering into oblivion. I hated that machine. Thanks for your help, a lap top is a terrible thing to waste:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.