I got my doorstop today

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I recieved my printed copy of the 2011 ROP. While you can download and print the proposals, if you want a printed copy, call the NFPA and they will mail you a copy. Some of us still like to have a paper copy.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
It's basically free to anyone who made a Proposal; otherwise its the cost of a phonecall or stamp.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I might be more inclined to read a paper copy this go around, I might ought to get on that. Of course, by the time I get around to it, it'll probably be too late...

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
You can also request a free copy of the draft which will show all of the changes that have passed at the ROP stage and will give you the proposal number that resulted in the change. Having the ROP, Draft and ROC provides great reference material in the future when you are trying to find out what a code rule means.

pfalcon

Can you mail a copy to the Indiana Electrical Code committee? Maybe then we'll catch up before the next code cycle expires.

JohnJ0906

I recieved my printed copy of the 2011 ROP. While you can download and print the proposals, if you want a printed copy, call the NFPA and they will mail you a copy. Some of us still like to have a paper copy.

I just got my copy as well (CD, in my case)

If I choose not to make a comment on my 2 proposals, will I still receive a copy of the ROC without requesting it?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

Do they have an online request form or is a phone call the only way to get one?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I just got my copy as well (CD, in my case)

If I choose not to make a comment on my 2 proposals, will I still receive a copy of the ROC without requesting it?
John,
I don't think you will get the ROC unless you make a comment or make a request for a copy of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.