Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

You make the call:

IMG_4724.JPG

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Never fly around here. I would sleeve the nm with carflex. Not sure why it would be a violation other than protect from damage. In reality I think it would last forever.

jwjrw

I would sleeve with carflex also for protection. If protection wasnt necessary i wonder if you could use uf type straps to unit.

nyhockey

Never fly around here. I would sleeve the nm with carflex. Not sure why it would be a violation other than protect from damage. In reality I think it would last forever.

NM cable is a No-No in NYC anyplace other then a dwelling or a multi- family dwelling less than 3 floors above grade.
Wonderful straps by the way

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
NM cable is a No-No in NYC anyplace other then a dwelling or a multi- family dwelling less than 3 floors above grade.
Wonderful straps by the way
I grew up in Brooklyn and worked with my dad for years when NM was not allowed at all in NYC.

The OP is from PA

ivsenroute

On this particular issue I spoke with the EC and asked him politely not to do this again but let it go because there were other more pressing issues that needed correction. Maybe I should have written this up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.