Danny's been workin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Re: Danny's been workin'

Good call, Todd. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I hate to say it but I think I like this format better than the old one . . . UH . . . should I say that out loud? LOL :D

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

Thanks, we moderators and Mike Holt do listen. I do like the new format better. Now if we could only agree if the recptacle ground goes up or down.

bphgravity

New article: 406.4(G)(1) - Receptacle outlets shall be installed with the ground pin up to prevent the fall of metallic and conductive objects from falling onto the energized contact blades from a poorly installed attachment plug. Where protected by an insulated barrier, the receptacle shall be installed either way. 406.4(G)(2) - Receptacle outlets shall be installed with ground pin down in an area where the flooring is bouncy as to allow a conductive or metallic object that has fallen bounce up and contact the energixed blades of a poorly installed attachment plug. Exception - floors with a listing of less than 13" bounctivity do not require ground pins down.

jbfan74

How bout we just make recpts. with the ground pin to the side and we would never have to worry up or down. Then it would be left or right!!!!!!!!!

but one trick i did when i working on machine shop in large commercale bulding all the grounding pin are up setting due all the flying metal shaving and also on three phase plug i do the same thing if i get the grounding pin in the top but one of my coumster did put a duct tape top of the plugs i say no way it will not meet the code so i put the "in use wet cover" the same one to use for outside plug cover and the result that i have no more call back with it. it work fanstic to avoid blasting the plugs out

merci marc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.