Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2011 NEC arrived monday by mail from the IAEI(free to all IAEI members), it has the yellow sticker for the free PFD file. I did download it, seems to work OK but I could not cut and paste, maybe I'm not doing that function correctly.
    Be open minded but not so open minded that your brains fall out.

Comment

Originally posted by hbiss View Post
      I think most have at least until 2014 to get a copy and read through it.
      Most of us actually aren't in NY. Your state has a reputation for being slow to adopt new codes, it's not that way in much of the country. Here in Colorado, I will be tested on the 2011 code in July of 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by 480sparky View Post
        Methinks every NEC sold with the yellow sticker will allow only a certain number of downloads per issue.
        Originally posted by jumper View Post
        That is true, but once it was installed it should not be crashing/malfunctioning.
        Especially since I bought the hard copy once, and downloaded the PDF once.

Comment

Originally posted by George Stolz View Post
          Mac OS 10.5.8
          Adobe Reader 8.1.2
          Adobe Acrobat 9.0.0
          Is there a reason for having both Reader and Acrobat on your system?

I uninstalled Reader before installing Acrobat on my system.
          [COLOR=RoyalBlue]I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.[/COLOR]

Comment

i got mine from Mike Holt, but there wasn't a yellow sticker for a download . . .
            jerryalan

Comment

Is it just the softcovers that come with the Magic Yellow Stickers, or do the wirebound and looseleaf have them too?

Comment

Originally posted by elohr46 View Post
                My 2011 NEC arrived monday by mail from the IAEI(free to all IAEI members), it has the yellow sticker for the free PFD file. I did download it, seems to work OK but I could not cut and paste, maybe I'm not doing that function correctly.
                is IAEI giving away free NEC 2011??
                Edward
                The only thing I know, is the progressive discovery of my ignorance

Comment

Free PDF version of the 2011 NEC

Originally posted by hbiss View Post
                  I have to laugh at all you guys who camp out in front of the supply house waiting for it to open and sell you a 2011 code book. It's all well and good to become familiar with the changes but where has it been adopted into use? I think most have at least until 2014 to get a copy and read through it. Even then there will be a lot of jurisdictions one or two cycles behind and learning anything other than what you are using can lead to confusion. I wouldn't even bother with the '11 unless I knew it was going to be adopted soon where I'm working.

-Hal
                  I Start using the 2011 here in Massachusetts Jan 1 I already have the handbook and the soft cover I got free for registering to necplus.

Comment

Free PDF version of the 2011 NEC

Originally posted by edward View Post
                    Yes it may come first come first served I just sent for mine. Will need a $8.00 shipping and also tabs available for $8.00

Comment

Originally posted by edward View Post
                      Only if you have been a member for three years. Its not well known anymore.
                      Moderator-Washington State
                      Ancora Imparo

Comment

I got my copies in the mail several weeks ago, I'll have to check for the PDF.

Thanks for the heads up!
                        Brian John
                        Leesburg, VA

Comment

I downloaded my version from publicresource.org. Any document that is law has to be available to the public. Will wait for the 2011 version to be put on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Hv&Lv View Post
                            Any document that is law has to be available to the public.
                            Free? :confused:
                            Master Electrician
                            Electrical Contractor
                            Richmond, VA

Comment

I downloaded my version from publicresource.org.
                              How, please? I found nothing.
                              Master Electrician
                              Electrical Contractor
                              Richmond, VA

Comment

I downloaded my version from publicresource.org. Any document that is law has to be available to the public. Will wait for the 2011 version to be put on the website.
                                Why is the NEC Law? Even the NFPA says the document is "purely advisory". I doubt the NFPA would be required to make any version of the NEC free. Your state will adopt a uniformed statewide building code that makes reference to the ICC codes as well as the NEC but that in itself does not make it law. The USBC is law and what if references are compulsory documents to support it but unless your state does something different than my state (Virginia) does the NEC is not a law.

You might find illegal copies on the web but not a legit copy unless it is part of an NFPA promotion for buying another book as i did when I got my 2011 electronic version.

Comment

Working...
                                X