Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEC GEC or grounding electrode labeling requirement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEC GEC or grounding electrode labeling requirement?

I am trying to find the requirement for labeling the ground electrode or GEC?

I see durable labels used often but I am trying to find out if there is a code reference/requirement.

110.21 is the best angle I have come up with. I didn't see anything in Art. 250.

Thanks in advance!
    Once in awhile you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right!

Originally posted by Eyeseeitall View Post
    I am trying to find the requirement for labeling the ground electrode or GEC?

I see durable labels used often but I am trying to find out if there is a code reference/requirement.

110.21 is the best angle I have come up with. I didn't see anything in Art. 250.

Thanks in advance!
    There is no requirement to mark or identify the gec as far as I know.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Dennis although, many large ground clamps come with a tag with some wording along the lines of "do not remove" but this is not a requirement.

Roger

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks- I have seen the tag and assumed there was a requirement to denote/label it as an electrical connection... but when I looked I couldn't find such requirement. Thank you for the help!
        Once in awhile you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right!

Comment

Working...
        X