1000v system wiring type

Status
Not open for further replies.

electro7

Occupation
Electrician, Solar and Electrical Contractor
We will be installing a commercial 1000v system and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for the type of wire I should use? The PV source circuits will be in conduit underground and inside a building. I am aware that USE-2 shall not be used inside a building in conduits. But I did read that PV wire can be used in conduits inside a building. Has anybody had experience with a conductor they could recommend? Brand name?

We will be installing a commercial 1000v system and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for the type of wire I should use? The PV source circuits will be in conduit underground and inside a building. I am aware that USE-2 shall not be used inside a building in conduits. But I did read that PV wire can be used in conduits inside a building. Has anybody had experience with a conductor they could recommend? Brand name?

I think 2KV PV wire is pretty much your only option. We have been using encore PV wire. It is also rated RHH/RHH-2 so it can be used pretty much anywhere. We recently paid .144 per foot for #12 2500 spools. FYI, I'll bet you a dollar any use-2 wire you find will be rated RHH-2 also so it can be used indoors too, but I dont think you will find it rated above 600V.

electro7

Occupation
Electrician, Solar and Electrical Contractor
Can I ask where you got that wire from? I have been looking and have not seen it for that price yet.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.