Conductor Sizing for Solar Sub Panel Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ggunn View Post
    The AHJ can adopt the NEC or not, and it can selectively enforce it as well as amend it as they see fit. My local AHJ has adopted the 2014 NEC but is not yet enforcing rapid shutdown. The AHJ is the last word.
    I doubt that is true in your area and it certainly is not the case in most places.

That would be the same as a judge making up laws on the spot.

Comment

The AHJ can adopt the NEC or not, and it can selectively enforce it as well as amend it as they see fit. My local AHJ has adopted the 2014 NEC but is not yet enforcing rapid shutdown. The AHJ is the last word.
      Are they just not enforcing it, or is there an amendment stating that 690.12 shall be deleted/not adopted?
      Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Originally posted by jaggedben View Post
        Yes, but still not the breaker for the feeder. Some AHJs will apply it to all busses and conductors, and some will apply it to none if the bus is in a combiner panel dedicated to inverters. Most the AHJs I encounter will not apply it to the feeder even under the 2011 code.
        You are correct. Got to thinking about it after I posted. Figured I'd wait until you replied to 'fess up.
        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by iwire View Post
          I doubt that is true in your area and it certainly is not the case in most places.

That would be the same as a judge making up laws on the spot.
          The city passed an ordinance that declares what is the electric code for the city. It references the 2014 NEC but adds stuff that is not in the NEC. They don't make stuff up on the spot but they enforce their code, which is mostly the NEC but has some differences. The NEC is not law but their ordinance is.

Comment

The city passed an ordinance that declares what is the electric code for the city. It references the 2014 NEC but adds stuff that is not in the NEC. They don't make stuff up on the spot but they enforce their code, which is mostly the NEC but has some differences. The NEC is not law but their ordinance is.
            Yes, same in many places

The AHJ makes written changes that everyone know about, they cant simply decide on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by iwire View Post
              Yes, same in many places

The AHJ makes written changes that everyone know about, they cant simply decide on the spot.
              That's what I meant; sorry if I wasn't clear.

Comment

Working...
              X