Any other MSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAP

I have a 125 amp main if I derate to main to 100 I can back-feed 50 amps .the problem is I have a 60 amp backfeed the wire from Pg&e is only rated for 125,I know about the eaton 125 amp main with 225 amp bussing Pg&e saying that the wire has to be rated for the bussing 225 first time I was told this by Pg&e,I have installed those a thousand times never had a issues, I ask them about the seimans parallel solar connection they said that was fine,but the lowest main they have is 150 amps derate breaker ,max Pg&e is letting me go is 125 amp service,does anybody know of a MSP that will accommodate this situation are a way around this

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I gather it's an underground service, or you'd just ask them to upgrade the wires, no big deal.

125A services often suck this way. But I have never had PG&E tell me that the wiring had to match the bussing and not the breaker. Maybe ask them that question again?

Can you get a 200A panel and stick a 125A breaker in it?

SAP

It is underground,I ask my guy that talk to Pg&e is he sure that that's what he heard,he swears up and down that's what Pg&e said

Status
Not open for further replies.