AC module wiring off of roof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a basic question about the wiring from the roof when using SunPower AC modules.

Essentially each group of 12 modules is a 20 amp circuit with two hots and ground.

So let's say I have 100 modules, that's five circuits. Code wise how can I deal with the ground wire? can I run a single #8 to the roof and connect the five grounds from each circuit to this one #8? Or do I have to run a separate ground for each circuit back to the combiner panel?

Thanks for the advice.

B

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Hello,

I have a basic question about the wiring from the roof when using SunPower AC modules.

Essentially each group of 12 modules is a 20 amp circuit with two hots and ground.

So let's say I have 100 modules, that's five circuits. Code wise how can I deal with the ground wire? can I run a single #8 to the roof and connect the five grounds from each circuit to this one #8? Or do I have to run a separate ground for each circuit back to the combiner panel?

Thanks for the advice.

B
100 modules would be a minimum of 9 circuits, but yes, you can combine the grounds in a junction box and run a single #8 EGC back to the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.