Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NABCEP PV Associate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NABCEP PV Associate

    Hello everyone,

    I am super interested in obtaining the NABCEP PV Associate credential. Does anyone have recommendations for online training courses that would qualify me to sit for the exam? Any study resource references would also be valuable.

    Thank you!

    #2
    Originally posted by FA1289 View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I am super interested in obtaining the NABCEP PV Associate credential. Does anyone have recommendations for online training courses that would qualify me to sit for the exam? Any study resource references would also be valuable.

    Thank you!
    Have you looked here? http://www.nabcep.org/associate

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks! I have, but there are so many providers, and a handful that offer online courses, so I am wondering if anyone has used the online courses or may know any reputable companies... I am new to this. '

      Any insight on the value of obtaining this credential + study material would also be helpful.

      Thanks for any tips!

      Comment


        #4
        Do you have any PV install experience or is this totally new to you?

        Comment


          #5
          check it out>>>>

          https://www.mikeholt.com/product-category-list.php?id=6

          ~RJ~

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by FA1289 View Post
            Thanks! I have, but there are so many providers, and a handful that offer online courses, so I am wondering if anyone has used the online courses or may know any reputable companies... I am new to this. '

            Any insight on the value of obtaining this credential + study material would also be helpful.

            Thanks for any tips!
            do you care if you actually learn anything or are you just looking to pass the test so you can get a resume building certificate?
            Bob

            Comment


              #7
              https://www.solarenergy.org

              They have a nabcep cert after 2 online classes and it includes the test in the price.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Dbarrett View Post
                https://www.solarenergy.org

                They have a nabcep cert after 2 online classes and it includes the test in the price.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Just to be clear, if this is the same as what used to be called the NABCEP Entry Level, it won't do much if anything for you. When AHJ's ask for a NABCEP certification, they are referring to the Solar Professional certification, which is significantly harder to get.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have not taken these classes, just showing the info for the thread.

                  NEW! NABCEP PV Associate Exam
                  PREP PACKAGE $1495 – Includes PVOL101, PVOL203 and the NABCEP PV Associate Exam
                  (Computer Based Testing)! Please CLICK HERE or call 970-527-7657 option 1 to register today!

                  SEI Contact Training hours: 60 credit hours


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I've got lots of members of my organization who are working through the SEI courses currently. They seem to be enjoying it.

                    I took my entry and Professional level course work in person at Solar Living Institute several years ago. Some of their prepared slides were a little outdated at the time, but I loved the personal interaction with the instructor.

                    IMO the Entry Level (it's name when I took it) was essentially a vocabulary test. If you've been working in the industry for a while you should be able to pass it. That being said, I don't think there is a ton of value in just the entry level. The Professional Level required much more prep.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X