Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow... here is the chance of a lifetime.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwired View Post
    May be a legitimate course, definitely not a course that will result in being licensed when completed.
    Yes, if it's NABCEP certification you're speaking of. Taking courses can make you better prepared to take the exam, but NABCEP administers the test.

Comment

There was a time 10 or 15 years ago when there were maybe 5 or 6 of these training companies on the west coast giving $3,000 PV installer classes, Boots on the Roof comes to mind as one. Most of them have gone out of business because they ran out of students. SEI is still hanging in there though. And there are a couple of community colleges around that still give PV classes for much less money.

Comment

Originally posted by pv_n00b View Post
        There was a time 10 or 15 years ago when there were maybe 5 or 6 of these training companies on the west coast giving $3,000 PV installer classes, Boots on the Roof comes to mind as one. Most of them have gone out of business because they ran out of students. SEI is still hanging in there though. And there are a couple of community colleges around that still give PV classes for much less money.
        Probably where I would recommend going, especially if you are starting with the very basics of this or any other field of study for that matter. Don't want their degree, you don't necessarily need to take the full courses they want to get the degree and many will be fine with that. Big universities want to sell you their degree or have nothing to do with you unless you are donating something. Graduate students maybe somewhat the exception and can do more of what they want with course selections.
        I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

The course is pretty decent thus far. It is a 101 type course so I guess I can’t be too upset about 2 hrs spent on ohms law and wattage calculations. There are 2 instructors with about a decade of PV experience and they let me pick their brains about real world applications while the rest of the class works on how many KWH a 60 watt lightbulb running 6 hrs a day uses in a month.

I’m already much better prepared to get my first few PV installs started so, yes, the class was well worth the time and money investment. And I get 36 hours credit towards the prerequisite if I decide to sit for a NABCEP cert. IDK if that’s worth it but if I do decide to, I’m that much closer.

Comment

Working...
          X