split bus panel PV interconnection rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by synchro View Post
    It could be done, but then it's very likely you'd have to give up one of the 2-pole breaker locations on the main bus anyway in order to meet the maximum of 6 disconnects grouped in one location requirement. Unless the AHJ will allow otherwise.
    Huh? If the lighting bus qualifies for your backfeed then that's it, you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by jaggedben View Post
      Huh? If the lighting bus qualifies for your backfeed then that's it, you're done.
      Below is an example from one jurisdiction where "For Split-Buss panels the AC interconnection must be one of the six service disconnects."

http://www.seatacwa.gov/home/showdoc...d=12585#page=5

I think they meant one of "the maximum number of" six service disconnects.

Comment

Interesting. But that would be a 'local ammendment' that has no basis in the NEC.

Comment

Originally posted by synchro View Post
          It could be done, but then it's very likely you'd have to give up one of the 2-pole breaker locations on the main bus anyway in order to meet the maximum of 6 disconnects grouped in one location requirement. Unless the AHJ will allow otherwise.
          If that's what your AHJ says you have to do it, I guess, but the NEC does not say that. PV connected on the load side of an OCPD does not contribute to the six handle rule.

Really, it doesn't even if it's on the line side, but many AHJ's don't see it that way. That's a battle I actually won with my local AHJ, with some support from some material from Mike Holt.

Comment

Working...
          X