This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    Do you know what the changes are? At least the big ones?
    They now say that only you personally are required to AFCI protect every circuit you touch for the rest of your life. The rest of us are exempt....
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
      Do you know what the changes are? At least the big ones?
      One of the biggest is the rework of 250.122....if it makes it through the process. In the first revision, the size of the EGC is based on the size of the ungrounded conductor and not on the rating of the overcurrent protective device. The eliminates the troublesome 250.122(B) rule.
      Don, Illinois
      (All code citations are 2017 unless otherwise noted)

Comment

Originally posted by jumper View Post
        They now say that only you personally are required to AFCI protect every circuit you touch for the rest of your life. The rest of us are exempt....

Do you really believe they will get me to comply?
        Our comedian shamelessly joked about a blackout. Talk about dark humor.

Comment

Originally posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
          One of the biggest is the rework of 250.122....if it makes it through the process. In the first revision, the size of the EGC is based on the size of the ungrounded conductor and not on the rating of the overcurrent protective device. The eliminates the troublesome 250.122(B) rule.
          Well, if it goes through- I will order a cake, filet-mignonette, shrimp, $$$ wine, invite a few friends over and throw myself a huge party. I've been waiting for that change for a long time. Makes a lot more sense then all the individual rules thrown about.
          Our comedian shamelessly joked about a blackout. Talk about dark humor.

Comment

Working...
          X