Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Vote on 2020 NEC?????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by romex jockey View Post
    Unfortunate that profit cloaked in the guise of safety is our only anenue....~RJ~
    Thats how its sold to all the players. Question it, and one is met with 'you don't care about lives'

    Leave a comment:


  • mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by peter d View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody would mistake me for being in support of the NEC or manufacturers.
    But you fail to realize just how prolific the lobbying of codes has become. On a global level:


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnEgu4mlpGs

    Leave a comment:


  • peter d
    replied
    Originally posted by romex jockey View Post
    my Q is, just how many zero's are manufacturers forwarding? How much insider trading? How much of what we see happening is said/done /bought?

    ~RJ~
    We may never know, but I have zero doubt that it is happening.

    Leave a comment:


  • romex jockey
    replied
    Originally posted by peter d View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody would mistake me for being in support of the NEC or manufacturers.
    my Q is, just how many zero's are manufacturers forwarding? How much insider trading? How much of what we see happening is said/done /bought?

    ~RJ~

    Leave a comment:


  • romex jockey
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    Sadly we have to deal with self test devices Its going to be epic when a panel full of breakers need to be replaced every 5-10 years.
    Originally posted by peter d View Post
    I agree. Don't get me wrong, I think the industry's decision to use electronics was a bad one, especially for life safety devices. But that's what we're stuck with now. It's planned obsolescence on their part. They get to sell more GFCIs for all the ones that fail.
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    Yes, which is why people should figure out there is no honesty in the business or the code making panels and NRTLs they are puppeteering.
    Unfortunate that profit cloaked in the guise of safety is our only anenue....~RJ~

    Leave a comment:


  • peter d
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    Yes, which is why people should figure out there is no honesty in the business or the code making panels and NRTLs they are puppeteering.
    I'm pretty sure nobody would mistake me for being in support of the NEC or manufacturers.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by peter d View Post
    I agree. Don't get me wrong, I think the industry's decision to use electronics was a bad one, especially for life safety devices. But that's what we're stuck with now. It's planned obsolescence on their part. They get to sell more GFCIs for all the ones that fail.
    Yes, which is why people should figure out there is no honesty in the business or the code making panels and NRTLs they are puppeteering.

    Leave a comment:


  • peter d
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    Sadly we have to deal with self test devices Its going to be epic when a panel full of breakers need to be replaced every 5-10 years.
    I agree. Don't get me wrong, I think the industry's decision to use electronics was a bad one, especially for life safety devices. But that's what we're stuck with now. It's planned obsolescence on their part. They get to sell more GFCIs for all the ones that fail.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by peter d View Post
    I get all that, but I simply don't see a move away from electronic GFCI protection here.


    Sadly we have to deal with self test devices Its going to be epic when a panel full of breakers need to be replaced every 5-10 years.

    Leave a comment:


  • peter d
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    1) The NEC is headed toward 100% GFCI/GFP for everything.

    2) 3/4 of IEC RCDs do not have electronics, so there is no reason to use the excuse "we need SPDs on every service"

    3) A select few manufacturers are gaining control over almost every code on earth under the cloak of harmonization and committees.
    I get all that, but I simply don't see a move away from electronic GFCI protection here.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by peter d View Post
    Why do you always have to muddy the waters with European/British stuff? There is not the slightest reason to believe that we are going in that direction. We're stuck with the garbage AFCIs and the industry is not going to replace them with European style RCDs.



    1) The NEC is headed toward 100% GFCI/GFP for everything.

    2) 3/4 of IEC RCDs do not have electronics, so there is no reason to use the excuse "we need SPDs on every service"

    3) A select few manufacturers are gaining control over almost every code on earth under the cloak of harmonization and committees.

    Leave a comment:


  • don_resqcapt19
    replied
    Originally posted by shortcircuit2 View Post
    ... Who voted on the CAM's? ...
    Any one who has been an NFPA member for at least 180 days and wants to physically attend the meeting can vote on the CAMs as well as the complete document.

    The rules can be found at https://www.nfpa.org/-/media/Files/C...019.ashx?la=en
    Last edited by don_resqcapt19; 07-02-19, 07:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • peter d
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    Glad he can see it as being excessive.


    Perhaps its time to consider this >>>
    Why do you always have to muddy the waters with European/British stuff? There is not the slightest reason to believe that we are going in that direction. We're stuck with the garbage AFCIs and the industry is not going to replace them with European style RCDs.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by romex jockey View Post
    Glad he can see it as being excessive.


    Perhaps its time to consider this >>>
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • romex jockey
    replied
    https://youtu.be/Qc1JFQ70hLk

    ~RJ~

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X