Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
1.) NEC Section/Paragraph: 300.15(C)

2.) Proposal Recommends: [new text]

3.) Proposal: Add exception to 300.15(C)
Exception: A fitting shall not be required for type LFNC used for protection into concealed spaces.

4.) Substantiation: It is highly difficult to abrade cable assemblies with type LFNC conduit. This would ease installations from outdoor boxes to interior spaces.

charlie

Re: Revise 300.15(C)

George, I don't like it on general principals but I fail to see anything really wrong with this proposal. Do you have any data to back up your claim? I can see the panel rejecting this one on the basis of no substantiation that cables will not be abraded where used in this manner. :D

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

How do I generate data to back this up? That is a good concern, I just don't know how to go about solving it. :(

(Aside from, "Everybody does it, just make it code already...") :D :p

charlie

The issue with NM cable was where several states had already permitted its use in more places than the Code permitted. Since those states didn't have problems with its installation, that was offered up as proof that NM cable is safe to be used in other locations.

I don't know how that would apply in your proposal but I thought it was interesting. :D

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

I was thinking I could chuck a piece of carflex up in my drill, pull the trigger and stick a piece of 12-2 into it. Videotape the whole thing, that might get the point across. :D

charlie

Go for it, an MPG file with a verbal description of the process and results would be better than nothing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.