inspection by 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gads63

For the last 3 weeks I have been trying to get a manufactured home up and running but every time I call in for inspection a different inspector show's up and tells me something different to do!!. What to do without making problems for myself or the company I work for.I know that the work I'm doing is correct.I have been doing it basicly the same for 15yrs.. HELP ME???

ron

Re: inspection by 4

Is each one documenting valid code violations? No disrespect meant, but because you were doing it that way for 15 years, doesn't make it right, if the inspector points out valid code infractions.

celtic

double post deleted

[ May 01, 2005, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: celtic ]

celtic

Originally posted by petersonra:
I am curious about what you are calling a "manufacturered" home. Aren't these things typically factory wired?
Sometimes they come in sections - vertical and horizonal..they can be "ranch style" or contain 2 stories or more. Each section must be connected to the other section in the field.
They may come w or w/o a service and metering, naturally no/little provisions for connection to ground rod/ water pipe...over head or underground lateral, etc.

gads will give more detail, if and when he/she repiles.

[ May 01, 2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: celtic ]

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

My understanding is that the means for making these connections are provided by the manufacturer, and it's just a matter of making the final connections in the field.

I can understand having to add a meter and put in the service, but that seems pretty basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.