Not open for further replies.

Minuteman

It's a VERY dumb idea.

SP_1200.png

But, I know which way to install the ground hole :grin:

suemarkp

Occupation
Retired Engineer
They are $85 Canadian each (actually a kit with receptacle and some tags and other stuff). Their US online store isn't open yet, but soon.

This would be a real PITA to use as touted. Once you went through and tagged everything you own that may be plugged into there, what happens if a visitor shows up with a cell phone charger but no tag on the plug? What about power strips or extension cords. Oh, I forgot, those are fire hazards.

Minuteman

SP_1300.png

You mean this?

• Protects against hidden electrical fires.
  • Protects against shocks and burns from outlet sockets.
  • Protects electronics from poor power quality
  • Contains patented Resistance (RFCI), Overload (OFCI), Shock (SFCI) and Power Fault Circuit Interrupter (PFCI) technologies

cadpoint

Be carefull plugging in your battery charger's into an AFCI.

I know I've seen the spark both inserting and removing the plug on an unguarded receptacle.

I guess they will have to keep up just like everyone else.

ItsHot

smart receptacles

smart receptacles

Hey Bob, you are on to something!! These would be available at the cost just a little more than your panel,(each)!! I just HOPE they never come out with the "cordless" exstension cord!! I would like to see the codes guidelines on these!!

480sparky

donselectric said:
code is written by manufactures and will always be written to sell products
plain and simple......

Not always. Just look in the front of the Book and see who is on the CMPs and who they represent.

Then look in any ROP and see who actually writes up the proposals. Yes, there are many manufacturers there, but there's also a lot of people like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.