2011 IAEI Code Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

The International Office has established a new NEC code change program to be implemented by every Section, Chapter, and Division. In short, the IAEI is requesting a minimum of 10 - 2011 code change proposals to be submitted for review and sponsorship from every Division and Chapter.

This is how the program works. Let's say you have an idea for a code change or have a code change already in mind. Fill out the official NFPA proposal form with your personal information, the proposed change and substantiation for the change. Submit the form to your local IAEI Division Secretary or Chapter Secretary. Each Division and Chapter will then forward all received proposals to their respective Section Secretaries.

At this point, they will be sorted and reviewed. Those that are selected will go on to the International Office to be reviewed by the CMP members and perhaps endorsed by Mr. James Carpenter himself.

Your name stays with the proposal. At no point does the IAEI "take credit" for your proposal. What you do get is the weight and influence of the IAEI to back your proposal as the "representing organization".

If you're not sure how strong the IAEI is when it comes to the NEC development process, just glance through the CMP's and see how many are representatives of the IAEI and it take notice who sits as the Chair of the TCC.

Your involvement in this program does not preclude you from submitting the same proposal on your own. I would strongly suggest you do.

The goal is to make the NFPA and CMP's to stand up and take notice that our organization cares and is dedicated to the code change process. There is no organization that knows the in's and out's of the code better than the IAEI and its members, inspector and associate alike.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact me directly.

Do your part to better this industry!

ryan_618

bphgravity said:
Your name stays with the proposal. At no point does the IAEI "take credit" for your proposal. What you do get is the weight and influence of the IAEI to back your proposal as the "representing organization".

I would disagree with that. You would only see your name if you submit yourself. If IAEI submits it, it will be under Mr. Carpenter's name.

I don't personally care about the credit, but I do want to point that out.

bphgravity

Thanks for the comment Ryan. I checked on this exact issue with Mr Carpenter himself and with other members of the Executive Office. I was assured the submitter's name would remain attached to the proposal.

Perhaps some things have changed. I will see if I can get a confirmation either way...

Status
Not open for further replies.