Did you send any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I did not, there were really no issues that affect me that much. The biggest issue I have is the handle tie requirement in 210.4, and being that it was just passed I doubted it would get anywhere proposing it's removal.

Roger

mdshunk

The proposal process seems unnecessarily burdensome. I should write a proposal sometime with ideas to streamline the proposal process.

cadpoint

Look how they worked the "( )" in via the defination Here

substantiation :
Noun

• S: (n) confirmation, verification, check, substantiation (additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct) "fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory"
  • S: (n) validation, proof, substantiation (the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something)

cadpoint

Are all the other publications reviewed and re-written in the same way as NFPA-70 ?
What about NFPA-72 National Fire Alarm Code, or NFPA 13 or even NFPA-1?

If an error exists between differnet Codes how is this handled ?

Granted that the NFPA-70 is usually State authorized, are all the other trades and Boards just pick up their own respective Code Books/Laws in time as they come out as well?

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
I sent one in. It was pretty simple, but hope to save hours of grief. Just trying to educate new inspectors as to intelligent design vs being a corner-cutter.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Are all the other publications reviewed and re-written in the same way as NFPA-70 ?
What about NFPA-72 National Fire Alarm Code, or NFPA 13 or even NFPA-1?

If an error exists between differnet Codes how is this handled ?
All of the NFPA documents are consensus standards and follow the same process as the NEC...the only difference is that they are not all on a 3 year cycle. I believe that the Standards Council addresses issues between the various standards.

electricmanscott

The proposal process seems unnecessarily burdensome. I should write a proposal sometime with ideas to streamline the proposal process.

Agreed. I would also extend that to the entire code making process.

Three year code cycle is very unneccesary as well. Six would suffice as far as I am concerned. Of course there would be many fewer books sold, and many fewer code update classes to pay for and 1/2 as many license renewal fees....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.