Proper cleaning procedure of electrical panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper cleaning procedure of electrical panels

I know it is very important to perform regular maintenance on electrical panels and equipment. What is the proper procedure to "clean" an electrical panel of dirt and debris? Is a vacuum and lint free rags the only way to achieve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Jamison612 View Post
    I know it is very important to perform regular maintenance on electrical panels and equipment. What is the proper procedure to "clean" an electrical panel of dirt and debris? Is a vacuum and lint free rags the only way to achieve this?
    Depends on which part you want to clean.
    You would be ill-advised to treat contacts on a contactor and external paintwork the same way.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Comment

Look at or Down load manufacturers installation/service/cleaning instructions.

Comment

Need to be a little more specific. Cleaning is just a small part of PM's.

Comment

Also need to be more specific of what kind/type of gear you are wanting to "service". Small "loadcenters" and their accessories, require little maintenance and adjustment - you replace components when they fail as it usually costs more to do any proper maintenance and adjustments then what replacements cost.
          I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamison612 View Post
            What is the proper procedure to "clean" an electrical panel of dirt and debris?
            Don't allow the dust on an electrical panel to become dirt, harder to clean in the first place; make cleaning easy by increasing the frequency of it.

Comment

Working...
            X