Eliminating Buddy Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnuuser

And if someone wants to endanger themselves, that is their choice. These laws are in place to help prevent employers from compelling their workers into dangerous acts and exposing their customers to significant liability.

agreed the main problem is getting the management to follow and obey those laws!
when their bonuses are percentage based the law is overruled by their greed and anyone who files complaints instantly puts a target on his/her back for abuse and or termination regardless of the law!

that is now the reason so many law offices are taking on cases of workplace bullying and hostility and quite frankly this has a lot of middle management types very nervous

billk554

I don't get the rope. if something went so wrong where a person had to pull a rope, by the time that person responds its all ready too late. If i had my pick I would rather let the explosion blow me away then have another force applied to me from another direction. the idea of the proper ppe in this situation we know we are still going to be injured but the proper ppe will limit that injury. now add someone pulling me in a different direction than I am already falling (or being forced in one direction) does not seem to be very healthy for the guy in the suit. if you are thinking about being held by the fault then I think that is very unlikely as long as you are in your proper ppe and using insulated tools. I don't get it.

gnuuser

I don't get the rope. if something went so wrong where a person had to pull a rope, by the time that person responds its all ready too late. If i had my pick I would rather let the explosion blow me away then have another force applied to me from another direction. the idea of the proper ppe in this situation we know we are still going to be injured but the proper ppe will limit that injury. now add someone pulling me in a different direction than I am already falling (or being forced in one direction) does not seem to be very healthy for the guy in the suit. if you are thinking about being held by the fault then I think that is very unlikely as long as you are in your proper ppe and using insulated tools. I don't get it.

oh i understand what your saying but in some cases yes ac may blast you away but depending on the current and contact point can cause muscles to lock as in a your grip (this i know personally from a capacitor bank) I had to be pulled away from it because my hand locked on the beam(early in my apprenticeship a long time ago)
consider this the average electrician may have little contact with dc current above 36 volts but you will find it in many industrial institutions often ranging from 6 volts to over 600 volts depending on the equipment
the use of a rope allows someone to pull you off the contact without putting themselves in danger even if it results in breaking the bones in you fingers they can pull you away increasing the odds they will be able to revive you.

proper ppe and following procedures will minimise the chance of accidents but does not eliminate all possibilities

loto and complete isolation of power is the best preventative measure there is (like I told a manager once which is more expensive to you the lack of production or a wrongful death lawsuit) he got the point immediately

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.