110 (I).(2) Field Work Audits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn L

The 2015 edition states that audits shall be performed atintervals not to exceed one year.
First question: are these audits required to be done while observingemployees perform electrical work or can they demonstrate performance or answerquestions?
Second question: If Ihave 100 qualified employees do I have to field audit all 100 or a certainpercentage i.e. 20%?

wbdvt

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, PE
The 2015 edition states that audits shall be performed atintervals not to exceed one year.
First question: are these audits required to be done while observingemployees perform electrical work or can they demonstrate performance or answerquestions?
Second question: If Ihave 100 qualified employees do I have to field audit all 100 or a certainpercentage i.e. 20%?

I assume you are referring to NFPA 70E-2015. The purpose of the audits is to ensure that the workers are qualified for their job, performing the work safely and according to rules/regulations/procedures etc. It will help determine if training is needed, etc. The audits are best done while observing actual work.

You need to do 100% every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.