Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Gained from experience this morning. When you're on the phone with 911 and not in the vehicle, don't forget to disable the connection. A 10' foot difference of distance to your pickup means a loss of communication when you are not expecting it. Fortunately the call went through and info exchanged, before I stepped back in range of the pickup.

Side note. Those small town volunteers can be FAST!

kwired

Electron manager
Gained from experience this morning. When you're on the phone with 911 and not in the vehicle, don't forget to disable the connection. A 10' foot difference of distance to your pickup means a loss of communication when you are not expecting it. Fortunately the call went through and info exchanged, before I stepped back in range of the pickup.

Side note. Those small town volunteers can be FAST!
something one doesn't think of in an emergency either, but still a good reminder.

My wife never set up her phone with her car when she got a new phone, if I am at home and on a call and she happens to pull in the driveway, my call doesn't get disconnected but I can no longer hear the other party, but she can hear everything in the car because my phone automatically connects to the car as soon as it is in range.

Funny thing is I have troubles with bluetooth earphones while sitting on the mower if I don't keep the phone very close to the headset, like in my shirt pocket, belt clip is too far away and has static sometimes, but it will connect to that car no problem when it is 100' plus away.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Funny thing is I have troubles with bluetooth earphones while sitting on the mower if I don't keep the phone very close to the headset, like in my shirt pocket, belt clip is too far away and has static sometimes, but it will connect to that car no problem when it is 100' plus away.

You have to keep tension on the wire.

tin-can-telephone.jpg

:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.