Service Disconect / Point of entry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzups

OK lets try this one. Local bussiness owner wants to turn existing store room
into open air patio by opening up walls from roof down to 4' and installing support columns where necessary. Existing meter fitting is on one of these walls and will remain in that position with no problems. The feeders from this meter fitting run thru the wall ,into the concrete floor of the room and stub up into a panel 23' away. This panel is located in the store room and will need to be relocated into a closet directly behind its current location since the store room will now turned into a patio,exposing the panel to the elements. A L.B fitting will be installed on the stub up and the panel put 3' away in the closet. My question is this,Is point of entry considered where the feeders exit the meter and enter the concrete floor or where the stub up will be modified with a L.B. fitting and poke thru the wall into the new closet/panel? ??

mdshunk

The existing stub up is on one side of a wall, and you're proposing to put an LB on it and put the disconnect/panel on the other side of the wall? That sounds okay to me, and I think it would fly here, but everyone's got a different idea about exactly how short is short.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The fun begins when they close the open area back up. Now some hack of an electrician has put the SE in the wrong spot and the installation ends up as a "What's wrong here?" violation in some nationally circulated magazine.:D
. . . or some NEC website. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.