Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 3 legged 6 ft Werner, its a great ladder. Love it in a store where shelfs, boxes and crap are in the way.

Comment

So do they come in fiberglass and what is the weight restrictions on them..are they rated for electrical work..aluminun ladders I do not use period..had one in the dirt and leg folded up on it..had 6 stiches across bridge of nose and new 400dollar pair of glasses..yes I know and yes partly my fault..me and my tools maxed out ladder..
      [COLOR="DarkRed"]Life is temporary, heaven is forever. live life like it is your only chance to make a difference..[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]to do nothing is the surest way to achieve nothing..[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
        Look at the bright side: by the time it falls over, you're already halfway down. :grin:
        :grin:

First time it happened I was picking cherries and I thought I was losing my mind because all of a sudden the cherries were out of reach, and I hadn't remembered picking them! Fortunately the ladder essentially leaned up against the tree as the foot sank in.
        __________________________________________________ ____________________________
        Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

I'm in California, ergo I am still stuck on the 2014 NEC... We'll get around to the 2017 code in around 2021.

Comment

I have even seen two legged ladders that were approved and work quit well..
          Roland

"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. "

-Robert E. Lee

Comment

I don't really like the 3 legged four footers though. They do have a tendacy to want to tip if your not careful. Taller ones are great though.

Comment

Originally posted by Besoeker View Post
              Three points of contact will work on any surface.
              Four points requires an even surface.
              even water?
              Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning. -Bill Gates

Comment

Originally posted by steelersman View Post
                even water?
                Ever heard of ice?

What I find interesting is that the tripods weight is a pound heavier than the quadped.

Comment

weight difference

The difference in weight may have to do with the base of the 3 leg ladder generally being wider than the base of the 4 leg ladder, therefore wider bottom few rungs, etc
                  Mike, Dutchess County, NY

Comment

Originally posted by mjf View Post
                    The difference in weight may have to do with the base of the 3 leg ladder generally being wider than the base of the 4 leg ladder, therefore wider bottom few rungs, etc
                    Also, a more-rigid single leg?
                    Master Electrician
                    Electrical Contractor
                    Richmond, VA

Comment

If you get a choice on your next ladder purchase do yourself a favor and try one in the 6-12 foot models. Just make sure the wider base will fit where you normaly transport your ladders. You'll never want to go back to a 4 legger!

Comment

Originally posted by alfiesauce View Post
                        Ever heard of ice?

What I find interesting is that the tripods weight is a pound heavier than the quadped.
                        ice? what's ice?
                        Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning. -Bill Gates

Comment

ice is that what you use to cool down the hot coke..
                          [COLOR="DarkRed"]Life is temporary, heaven is forever. live life like it is your only chance to make a difference..[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]to do nothing is the surest way to achieve nothing..[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by cschmid View Post
                            ice is that what you use to cool down the hot coke..
                            hot coke? What the hell is that?

Comment

Originally posted by steelersman View Post
                              hot coke? What the hell is that?

What this was before the ice was added.:grin:

Tony Hill

Comment

Originally posted by 480sparky View Post
                                Aluminum????
                                it's ok as long as you apply noalox to the palms of your
                                hands before gripping the ladder.
                                ~New signature under construction.~
                                ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X