Are three legged ladders legal for use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The difference in weight may have to do with the base of the 3 leg ladder generally being wider than the base of the 4 leg ladder, therefore wider bottom few rungs, etc
Also, a more-rigid single leg?

wawireguy

If you get a choice on your next ladder purchase do yourself a favor and try one in the 6-12 foot models. Just make sure the wider base will fit where you normaly transport your ladders. You'll never want to go back to a 4 legger!

wirebender

hot coke? What the hell is that?

What this was before the ice was added.:grin:

CokeClassic.jpg

Karl H

I have even seen two legged ladders that were approved and work quit well..

My co-worker who is also on this forum read this thread.

He told me of a thread of Three Legged Ladders and I've seen this thread but

never had read it before today. He told me someone mentioned a

two-legged ladder.He had a great point is'nt a two-legged ladder

an "Extension Ladder?"

VoltageHz

I could definitely see thow a 3 legged ladder could excel in some instances.

However, a few people have said that the 3 legged ladders are better than 4 legged ladders in EVERY instance. Example:

They are superior in every way honestly.

When woking on flat surfaces with room around my work area (98% of my experience) how is a 3 legged ladder better than a 4 legged ladder?

wawireguy

If you ever tried one you'd probably like it. Three legged ladders don't walk on you like a four legged one. Like most things it's different strokes for different folks but I meet people all the time that decry the use of three legged ladders and haven't even tried one. One caveat is that the shorter 4' ones are less stable than a 4' four legger. One other thing is storage and transporting. The bases are wider on a three legged ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.