This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

utility company policy

a remote cabin fire ocurred recently. fire dept officials observed that a service cable belonging to the power company came into contact with a metal pipe (cable insulation failure caused by frost heave. are there any code requirements on this issue?? Could power company be responsible for damages to the cabin? not sure which forum to address this issue.

1st step: ask the poco to replace the cabin, see what they say. then go consult your lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by cmandeville View Post
      Could power company be responsible for damages to the cabin? not sure which forum to address this issue.
      This seems like a legal question that should be addressed by an actual lawyer.

I don't personally see how the utility is responsible for the frost heave. Does anyone know for a fact that the service cable coming into contact with the pipe was responsible for the fire?

I suggest the owners file a claim with their insurance company and let the insurance company deal with it.
      Bob

Comment

Hope that the cabin has insurance--an act of God is going to weigh heavily in favor of the power company

Comment

Originally posted by petersonra View Post
          . . . I suggest the owners file a claim with their insurance company and let the insurance company deal with it.
          Good suggestion. :smile:
          Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X