09 70E Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering how many here as either management/employers or as employees have as a company adopted and been trained on the requirements of the 09 NFPA70E. I also wonder if you are in 100% compliance 100% of the time.

What are you providing/provided with regard to PPE?

I am at the very beginning of a rewrite of our safety manual and reviewing our training presentations and videos. From what I have seen so far what we have needs to be pitched. Seems that there have been sweeping changes with regard to PPE and arc-flash requirements.

joebell

I am wondering how many here as either management/employers or as employees have as a company adopted and been trained on the requirements of the 09 NFPA70E. I also wonder if you are in 100% compliance 100% of the time.

What are you providing/provided with regard to PPE?

I am at the very beginning of a rewrite of our safety manual and reviewing our training presentations and videos. From what I have seen so far what we have needs to be pitched. Seems that there have been sweeping changes with regard to PPE and arc-flash requirements.

The company I work for has policy in place and has provided training in terms of seminars. Ken Mastrullo has been the presenter and has done an outstanding job.

As for 100% compliance I wish I could report that we were but I think there is still a lot of reluctance from some of the field guys that just keep on doing things the old way. As Chris stated the arcflash form is an excellent soure for information. I also got alot of usefull knowledge from "A Users Guide to Electrical PPE" written by Ray and Jane Jones.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
We have no 70E compliance based on an employer or any other safety program. My guess is that just about every person I work with has never even heard of 70E.

Thanks for the feed back and links.....

Not sure what to think at this point.

I guess I think that there must be a way to make smaller contractors aware and able to comply. One guy hurt from an OSHA investigation and many companies would be forced out of business from the fines for non-compliance.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Thanks for the feed back and links.....

Not sure what to think at this point.

I guess I think that there must be a way to make smaller contractors aware and able to comply. One guy hurt from an OSHA investigation and many companies would be forced out of business from the fines for non-compliance.

You're probably right but I've worked with small contractors who've been in business for long time and I can tell you that they're ignorant of 70E and could really care less. They all live by the "that's the way we've done it for 30 years" mantra. Hopefully it never bites them in the butt. :roll:

zog

You're probably right but I've worked with small contractors who've been in business for long time and I can tell you that they're ignorant of 70E and could really care less. They all live by the "that's the way we've done it for 30 years" mantra. Hopefully it never bites them in the butt. :roll:

It will, just a matter of how it does and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.