Job briefing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornbread

I hope this does not come across as a dumb question, if so I appologize in advance. On the "job briefing and planning check list", under the Check area, we have STATUS BOARD. What is the definition of a status board ?

zog

I hope this does not come across as a dumb question, if so I appologize in advance. On the "job briefing and planning check list", under the Check area, we have STATUS BOARD. What is the definition of a status board ?

I think that is an internally generated document so you may want to ask who ever wrote it.

cadpoint

This will usually happen on very big jobs, where construction might go into months or years!

Someone might make a chart of the complete job including all work required to happen, start and stop dates for the various disicplines, all the work gets accounted for; thus a time line, or your where you are, you and your work are what "status" in respects to the chart...

I work for the local poco in substations and we call it a job brief which just goes over the job tag points,hazards,emergeny exits,emergency phone numbers etc,onece whatever we are working on is switched out and we achieve a visable airgap the we proceed to test dead and ground.nothing to us is considered dead till grounded while testing we get a live source of the same voltage ,test then retest your tester on the live source ,and if before grounding if we all walk away from the work area then we must retest,and all this is done with nomex and if indoors then its a arc coat and hood.I hated the fr gear but it isn't that bad just pricey,but like I said the poco is a different ,and they have there own rules too.just my two cents

cornbread

Appreciate your two cents. We have been conducting "job briefings" all along but we just did not document them as NFPA70E requires. I must admit the formal documented job briefings are more detailed than just verbal communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.