Gfcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
This thread had been temporarily closed. This action was taken because the nature of the question and the occupation shown in the Original Poster's profile raised a concern that this may have been an attempt by a Do It Yourself person to obtain "how-to" information.

In an exchange of Private Messages, the Original Poster has provided assurances that he is a licensed electrician or electrical contractor or is otherwise authorized to perform electrical installation work, and that the question had to do with a business issue. Therefore, the thread is being returned to the active area. I offer an apology to the OP for the inconvenience and the delay.

480sparky

I'm assuming you mean a 2-pole ground-fault breaker.

Yes, it will work without a neutral connection for the load. But the pigtail from the breaker will still need to be connected to the neutral bar.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If I remember correctly, the neutral "pigtail" must be connected to a neutral supply for the GFCI to operate properly. There is no requirement for a neutral to be connected to the load side as the breaker "monitors" any wire connected.

(sorry 480, posting at same time)

Status
Not open for further replies.