Dropping a Monitored F/A System

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

I have a friend that works in a kitchen, the fire alarm went off today, kitchen in full swing and just re-opened again.(not the first times the ovens have been on-nor know's that this was the cause) I don’t know all the details, but there was no fire. Everything worked, ovens shout down, trucks and Fire Marshall shows up.

Now at first the ovens would not come back on, the Fire Marshall did let them go to manual report!
Service rate today would be 3X’s the going rate.

Is this even allowed if there monitored one day the next there not? Will a manual pull still report to a
monitoring station if it was pulled? All the heads are still reading and reporting right?
The lines are all still live, right? Are they just cancelling a single head from the panel and then it's set to manual?

No I'm not involved nor would ever touch it. Yes I know, to get the Code Book that I don’t have,
but over-all doesn’t this seem odd?

Thoughts…

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I am pretty sure a manual pull is monitored.

I do not know if you are allowed to run the equipment with part of the fire suppression system in manual.

The manual pull is there as a backup if for some reason the monitoring system fails to detect a fire. Its not supposed to be the primary protection means.

cadpoint

Well, again I didn't get all the details, I was told that the pressure dropped on the supply header!
Plumber told someone that it was condesation in system????, well that's a plumber tail, why a plumber is draining
and flushing a sprinkler system, who knows... ...

I found the whole Dance sounded like a wierd one!

Status
Not open for further replies.