Siemens handle replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrician
Has anybody replaced the handles on the Siemens Sentron breakers as part of the recall.If so could somebody tell me roughly how long this takes and if it is absolutely necessary to turn off the line side side of the breaker.I have to change 6 of these in a data center and trying at the moment to figure the logistics.

zog

Has anybody replaced the handles on the Siemens Sentron breakers as part of the recall.If so could somebody tell me roughly how long this takes and if it is absolutely necessary to turn off the line side side of the breaker.I have to change 6 of these in a data center and trying at the moment to figure the logistics.

I thought the entire breaker was to be replaced, you are trying to change the handle? You ned to disassemble the breaker and yes, by all means you need to turn off power to the line side of the breaker. I also thought these were only in Canada.

Occupation
Electrician
The information siemens sent me has instructions to remove the case only and replace the handle with a siemens supplied replacement kit,it has something to do with a lubricant they used.Siemens contacted my supplier who traced the PO to a data center I completed last June.

zog

The information siemens sent me has instructions to remove the case only and replace the handle with a siemens supplied replacement kit,it has something to do with a lubricant they used.Siemens contacted my supplier who traced the PO to a data center I completed last June.

Here is your recall http://www.esasafe.com/pdf/Recall_Notices/RCL10-34.pdf
You still need to de-energize to do this, or with a justified reason to do this energized per 70E at the very least wearing the right arc flash PPE per your study. And replacing parts in a MCCB wearing a flash suit will not be easy. Shut it off.

I am suprised at the response they gave you, typically the OEM's send out thier service group to do this sort of recall work. I wish we had an ex-Siemens MCCB guru around here to provide some insight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.