Who's responsible to enforce 70E

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
A building owner is not expected to know what specific rules and regulations apply to any contractor they hire, but they are expected to inquiry if the contractor knows about them.

Can you imagine the discussion with your insurance company if you regularly hire contractors that do not follow their industry's safety rules and regulations, isn't this one advantage to using a licensed contractor versus an unlicensed one?

kwired

Electron manager
A building owner is not expected to know what specific rules and regulations apply to any contractor they hire, but they are expected to inquiry if the contractor knows about them.

Can you imagine the discussion with your insurance company if you regularly hire contractors that do not follow their industry's safety rules and regulations, isn't this one advantage to using a licensed contractor versus an unlicensed one?

I am a licensed contractor, and don't claim to know all the industry safety rules, and probably never will. I do my best to know as much as possible though, and still break some rules from time to time.

pfalcon

The insurance company expects you to hire bonded contractors. They'll tack an excessive charge onto your premium as a penalty if you fail to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.