EH Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I know this is somewhat of a personal choice but I have been told to buy EH rated boots, apparrently some fallout from the NFPAS70E class we had last Thursday.

Anyone have any ideas? The ones I have I think are EH rated but are not real comfy.

Not sure I can get any for $50 anyway. I have asked where the heck they came up with that number anyway.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
The last time I went boot shopping, at least 50-60% of them were EH rated.
I believe the EH rating primarly comes from not having a 'steel inner sole'. I know EH boots can have steel toes.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
The last time I went boot shopping, at least 50-60% of them were EH rated.
I believe the EH rating primarly comes from not having a 'steel inner sole'. I know EH boots can have steel toes.

I was more interested in particular boots. I noticed last time I looked that many of them did appear to be EH rated.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I was more interested in particular boots. I noticed last time I looked that many of them did appear to be EH rated.
Many are EH rated... but what in particular did you have in mind?

IMO, you'll not find an all-day comfort pair for $50.

I'm currently wearing my first ever pair of composite toe, composite shank shoes. I bought them to get through metal detectors without having to take my shoes off. Most comfortable I've ever had (and I've tried many safety toe shoes): http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootID=1&catID=79&prodid=566. Cost me $93 at workbootsusa.com.

To look at other Thorogood selections: http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=1

As you indicated at the onset, shoes are a personal choice... and all-day comfort goes hand-in-hand with that.

wtucker

In case you don't know, safety shoes have a label, often on the tongue, that will say, among other things, whether the shoe is rated "EH."

tish53

I am partial to Red Wing. Not $50 dollars but they are comfortable all day long and most come with a EH rating. Don't confuse it with an ESD rating which is "electric static discharge" and has no insulation rating. Had some guys make that mistake once.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
i was looking on ebay and came across a brand called thorogood. They look like decent boots. but I never ehard of the brand before. anyone have any experience with them?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I have had several pairs of those over the years. They do not last forever or I would still be using the first pair:happyyes:
I had one pair. Never wore 'em out because they hurt my feet at some point during the day. Gave them to a coworker. The next best to my Thorogood's was Red Wing.

celtic

I am partial to Red Wing. Not $50 dollars but they are comfortable all day long and most come with a EH rating.
x2

Redwings all day long [12 hours]...all week long [ 7 days].

I have a few different styles...non-insulated [temperature wise] 6" boot for summer...insulated 9" boot for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.