Hammon Titan Q015LEKF Transformer Grounding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesnaat

Hello All!

I have a 15KVA Transformer (480 Primary and 240/120 Secondary). I need 240V to run an air handler unit in an industrial environment. I connected the 480V primary from a 480/277 3-phase panel. I connected the secondary in accordance with the diagram. Without any load, I get 240V when I check X4 to X1. I have interconnected X2 and X3 per the diagram. Do I ground X2 and X3 to the ground inside the transformer panel? There is a ground block inside the transformer panel with a green wire from the transformer.

I guess my question is: What and how do I ground this thing? Is there a neutral here?

Sorry, I'm a newbee trying to do something safely.

Steve

BPoindexter

Inactive, Email Never Verified
Steve,

Yes X2/X3 are tied together and now become your neutral (grounded conductor). Treat the transformer like any other for a separately derived system. So your System Bonding Jumper, Grounding Electrode Conductor, and Neutral Conductor should all be connected to the X2/X3 connection point. You should have 240V on X1-X4 and 12oV on X1-X2/X3 and X4-X2/X3. If it is feeding a panel then you may do the required bonding there as well. I would verify what the green wire in the panel is used for as it may only be a case ground.

Hope this helps!

BP

Status
Not open for further replies.