This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting Wiremold box to hollow aluminum beam

Please Help! How can I mount a Wiremold Box to a hollow aluminum beam for a ceiling fan in my patio? I am leary of using screws as they may loosen while fan is on. Or is there a screw that won't loosen by itself? Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks so much.

Are you now or were you an electrician. Retired doesn't tell us what you do or did for a living
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

As Dennis is permitting this so far, I'm guessing because it's really a mechanical question:

What are the dimensions of the accessible part of the beam, bottom width and sides going upward?
      Master Electrician
      Electrical Contractor
      Richmond, VA

Comment

I think there is a paddle fan acceptable listed wiremold box but attaching to the aluminum channel is all you, probably use 3/16 toggle bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
          Are you now or were you an electrician. Retired doesn't tell us what you do or did for a living
          Dennis, I may be in the wrong place. i was looking for help on how to mount an electrical box to a hollow aluminum beam. I am semi retired, yes, I am not an electrician, just a novice homeowner trying to install a ceiling fan in my patio. I still do part time work for Best Buy as a inventory auditor. I apologize if I am in the wrong place. I was looking for help.

Comment

Forum rules do not allow us to offer aid to those outside of the electrical profession.
            If Billy Idol is on your playlist go reevaluate your life.

Comment

Working...
            X