do we use 25% of the largest load to get total deman in dwellings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmetwinkle

I'm taking the 01 admin test i messed up on calculations and my question is I have 2 code calc books one says 25% of the largest loads for feeder demands and another one doesnt mention it for dwelling and multi dwellings. must be added in to get total demand do we actually do this one book says yes and another doesnt mention it

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Are you in WA state?

25% of the largest motor - yes.

Try 430.24

ray cyr

Welcome to the forum. What part of the state are you in? You said that you are taking the A-card test. Did you pass the other 2 parts? I thought the WAC part was a real PITA.

cmetwinkle

passed the code and wac

passed the code and wac

pierce county I passed the code and wac the wac almost got me I got the new one and they were going off the older version . The calculations however have me whooped. But if you can conceive it you can achieve it.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
. . . one says 25% of the largest loads for feeder demands and another one doesnt mention it for dwelling and multi dwellings.
It is not 25% of the largest load. If you have motors, then you add 25% of the largest motor, as Rocky already mentioned. You also add 25% to any "continuous" load, a term that is defined as running 3 or more hours without cycling off.

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with the exam. I passed the 01 Administrator on the second try. It was the adminstrative rules that got me the first time, mostly because I was using an out-of-date reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.