Anyone here in the IAEI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyww12000

I was wondering if anyone here was in there local IAEI? Im needing some info on this subject. Can anyone join? Making contacts and learning would be my main reason for joining....becoming an inspector isnt what I want to do, but I think it could really be worth joining to attend the seminars and gaining knowledge.

jrannis

I was wondering if anyone here was in there local IAEI? Im needing some info on this subject. Can anyone join? Making contacts and learning would be my main reason for joining....becoming an inspector isnt what I want to do, but I think it could really be worth joining to attend the seminars and gaining knowledge.

Its worth it for sure if you are in a well run chapter.

dcspector

Do you mean anyone on the Forum or Ga? IAEI Va. chapter is 50% electricians and 50% Inspectors. I highly recommend joining.

cadpoint

I'm thinking about joining myself, if they name tag I think I'd put both my given and sign name for a laugh... :).

I've read up on our states chapter and I beleive theres a big meeting next month... in Raliwood...

SEO

I agree as well. My chapter is very well run and there are a lot of educational opportunities available but you have to attend. My chapter has a website and a lot of information is on that as well.

elohr46

The local chapter that I belong to allows non-members to attend meetings. The cost for a member is $25, non-member is $35, this includes a buffet dinner and 2 CEU's. There are benefits of being a member in the IAEI which can be found on their website but that's a personal choice only you can make.

Last edited:

charlie

I'll help out with a list of the negatives of joining the IAEI:
  1. ????????
That is pretty much all of the negatives, the rest are all positive. I have been a member since 1990 and have never regretted joining. In fact, I just got back from the Indiana Chapter meeting. :)

guschash

I joined the Northwest Ohio chapter and its been all positve.I enjoy meeting other contractors and inspectors.

ryan_618

I just got done with my term as President of the Utah Chapter. :) I have never regretted joining, although I think the industry gets more out of my dues than I do. I am, however, comfortable with that.

barbeer

I serve as Secretary of the Florida Gulf Coast Division, Secretary of the Florida Chapter, Florida Chapter Board of Directors, Southern Section Code Making Panelist and a half-a-dozen committees.

So little time!!!!!

I belong to the chapter directly north of Bryan (suncoast) and enjoy it as well. Never hurts to bounce something off someone else (inspector or contractor) for broadening of the mind.

wbalsam1

I belonged for 21 years. I still have wonderful memories of the intelligent men and women I met while actively involved. Worked my way through the chairs and became Chair of the local chapter.

I finally left the Chapter and eventually the mothership, too. Too many local politics were allowed to creep in. The way New York state functions, (and this is no fault of the IAEI) we have private third-party inspectors who are pressured by their company owners to become members of the executive boards of the chapters. That would be alright, normally, but unfortunately the boards end up with members who are not code saavy or professional enough to actually contribute anything of value. So attendance at seminars drops off and membership drops off and the E-board becomes a self-serving entity out-of-touch with its original mission.

Blowhards hog the microphones at meetings and demonstrate their lack of code knowledge for all to hear......then within a few months....the cycle repeats.

I, for one, miss the good old days when the local chapter was staffed by knowledgeable people.

This is not a slam for the international office. They have my respect....just not my membership anymore.

radiopet

I have been a member for awhile....just not active in it because I am running around doing seminars and other municipal things. I think I probably should begin to be more active in it.

Memebr since 1969

Memebr since 1969

I have been a member on and off since 1967; and I was involved in the building new IAEI Building in Richardson, Texas back in 1991 when it was just a shell.

Attending the local, chapter, and section meetings are the best way to learn more about the NEC and how it is enforced and interpreted. I remember when some of our local meetings in Massachusetts at in Danvers had as many a 500people attending.

Jim Meehan from NH, CT introduced me to the IAEI during the classes he presented at Eli Whitney Trade School in Connecticut.:smile:

fmtjfw

Wv iaei

Wv iaei

I joined while in tradeschool. I find the seminars very useful. I find the contact with CMP members very enlightening. I'm a member of the WV branch, (subunit, sprout) of the Ohio chapter. We have two seminars a year for about $70 each (each held in the northern and southern sections of the state). I also attend the 3-day seminar held by the Ohio chapter each year.

/s/ Jim WIlliams:smile:

IAEI Chattanooga Chapter

IAEI Chattanooga Chapter

I have been a member of the Chattanooga Tennessee Chapter since 1982
The benifits of the IAEI are very good if you are looking for a magazine with lots of interesting articles this is a good place to look. The problem with IAEI is that it is a little pricey for the average electrician or appentice who can not right off the $90.00 a year on your Taxes. Our Chapter meets every other month on the 2nd Tuesday at 6:00 pm . We try to have different programs that will inform the Electricans, Contractors, Inspectors and anyone intrested to attend,New Products,Code Changes, Changes in City Ordinances.
If you are interested join us Tuesday night.

Thanks
David

Status
Not open for further replies.