Passed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I passed the MN Master exam this past week. I used the exam prep books, and prepared for about 3 months. For anyone that is looking to take the MN Master exam soon, I would study a lot of motor and transformer theory, short circuit ratings, and service calcs. It was a lot of calculations. If anyone wants more info on the types of questions, just let me know.

chris1971

congrats

congrats

Good job.

How was the MN master exam? I took it back in 2004 before they changed to a new format. I was told the new exam is harder then the older version?

Chris

Good job.

How was the MN master exam? I took it back in 2004 before they changed to a new format. I was told the new exam is harder then the older version?

Chris
I guess I am not sure how hard the old one was. I know when they first came out with the new exam pretty much nobody passed. They then modified it some and got it up to where a certain percent were consistently passing it.

boku0003

MN Exam

MN Exam

I am taking the exam this August in St. Paul. I would love to get any info that I can. Here was a question that I posted.

2-story office building, 80x125 feet, supplied by 120/208V, including minimum demand for receptacles and continuous light, what minimum feeder is required? I calculated 20k ft^2, so at 1VA/ft^2 for receptacle, apply the demand factor (100% up to 10kva, 50% after), and 3.5 VA / ft^2 for lighting plus 1.25% for continuous. I could not get an answer that was in the answer selection. I did include sqrt3, I tried excluding it, I tried continuous and non continuous for the light and receptacle load, NONE of these combinations gave an answer even close to one of the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.