Read any good books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohmy

Just finished "tipping point" and "blink" by Gladwell. Both have good busines value and are very interesting. Both were along the same lines as "Freakanomics" but better in my opinion. Next up is "money ball."

mivey

"Rating of Electric Power Cables: Ampacity Computations for Transmission, Distribution, and Industrial Applications"

By George J. Anders

MJW

Just finished "tipping point" and "blink" by Gladwell. Both have good busines value and are very interesting. Both were along the same lines as "Freakanomics" but better in my opinion. Next up is "money ball."

How was "Tipping Point"? I'm about 2/3 of the way done with "Blink" and I'm really enjoying it. I'm thinking about getting "Tipping Point" next.

I just finished "Question Behind The Question" which is about personal accountability. Anyone who feels entitled should read this book.

One of the best books I have read recently is "The Glass Castle: A Memoir" by Jeannette Walls. It is not business or electrically related (the author's dad is an electrician if that counts) but a great true story. If you think you had a tough childhood read this book.

LeeB

Good Books

Good Books

I just read Integrity by Dr. Henry Cloud, the tag line is "the courage to meet reality". Great book on how to get the best out of yourself. The integrity he is referring to is not necessarily the integrity we think of like honesty etc., but becoming a whole person.

LeeB

Ohmy

How was "Tipping Point"? I'm about 2/3 of the way done with "Blink" and I'm really enjoying it. I'm thinking about getting "Tipping Point" next.

I thought "tipping point" was better than blink. But I read it first...so it may have been that the style was new to me. I think I will read "Outlayers" soon as well.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I just finished reading this thread. Given that it is way off topic, I'd say that it is time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.