Blue and Orange.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

The HD we did over here was all pipe aside from the MC drops down the pvc sleeves to the cash registers/checkouts and the Reloc lighting. I think we started around June/July with parking lot underground and finished right as the store opened Dec. 1. That Reloc made for some fun troubleshooting right before the store opened simply because the factory landed wires on the wrong terminals inside the Reloc connectors. I think we had to troubleshoot about 4 runs or so.:rolleyes:

We did the cctv in one just one HD (never again the contracting company is a bear to deal with, change order? what's that?, "there are no problems..." they said, all jobs run smoothly. Our plans fit every store, no matter what:confused:)

The PVC feed ceiling to register is where the cameras were mounted. MC drops went through the PVC as well.

The inspector failed it becuase the MC was not secured every 6 feet, required RMC without it secured.

We had to pull 16 cameras and the EC had to replace it with 4" RMC, then we remounted the cameras That was an expensive change order!!!!

(PS have you ever had to drill a 1 1/8" hole in the side of RMC. Even with a carbide hole saw and oil, it took 15 min per hole, I am so glad I don't do installs like that anymore.)

Of course the next store the EC did, they used PVC, drilled holes every six feet and zip tied the MC to the inside of the PVC. Different inspector heard about the other inspector failing them, they told him they were doing this and he was fine with it.

cdslotz

I (we) did a Lowes down here a couple of years ago. The GC provided no schedule, except for a "work order" once the building was dried in. We had 30 days to get the lights burning and A/C's running. We did it.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
. (BTW They set all 28 RTUs in less then 45 minutes with a helicopter)

I actually spent an entire lunch break a couple of years ago watching the same thing at a wal-mart.

that's got to be the coolest job next to shooting dead chickens out of a cannon at airplanes.

wireguru

I actually spent an entire lunch break a couple of years ago watching the same thing at a wal-mart.

that's got to be the coolest job next to shooting dead chickens out of a cannon at airplanes.

in situations like that, its ALOT cheaper than a crane

Status
Not open for further replies.