Electrical estimating

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistance

I have a book (not going to mention the name), but books, or software in my opinion is a waste of money for residential estimating. My input: With time comes experience!
If you are personally involved on the work site---actually doing the work on a daily basis. Then you will learn how to price a job much easier than a typical desk huger!

MarkyMarkNC

The Mike Holt book is very good. It is a good general overview of both resi and commercial estimating, that is both easy to read and informative. I bought it six years ago, and re-read it every once in awhile, and still always get something new out of it each time.

wamegojim

Do a search on Amazon. There are several books available. Keep in mind, a good mentor and some field experience will go a long way in helping you develop a workable system for estimating.

Don't rely on the journeyman saying it will take an hour to do something because they always give you their fast time when they forgot about travel time, getting the material at the supply house, and driving to the job. As well as forgetting the profit and paying for the person typing paychecks!

Status
Not open for further replies.