Sewage Lift Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methane Gas requires Class 1 Division 1 wiring but in the open, outdoors, what are the specific dimensions from openings into the tank and above finished grade, to fall under Class 1 Division 1? If the ground around the opening is sloped does this effect the dimensions?
Thanks for your help.
Tom Romine

KevinVost

In our AHJ, lift stations that are located outdoors (not enclosed by any sheds, etc...) are not classifed locations once the wiring comes out of the pit. Generaly we see a seal off fitting at the point of exit from the tank, and if outdoors, no additional requirements are imposed. I would check your AHJ to see if they have any specific requirements for the install.

barbeer

In our AHJ, lift stations that are located outdoors (not enclosed by any sheds, etc...) are not classifed locations once the wiring comes out of the pit. Generaly we see a seal off fitting at the point of exit from the tank, and if outdoors, no additional requirements are imposed. I would check your AHJ to see if they have any specific requirements for the install.

I concur!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.