Bonding Pool Slide Base Studs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Pike

Do the pool's slide anchor studs need to be bonded and how if they are installed after the deck is poured? I thought about building a template out of rebar for encasement but Im unsure if this is overkill.The slide instructions show anchors installed with epoxy and studs that will be exposed in the base of the slide which is all bolted together plastic.These are the only parts not connected to the grid.
Thank's

ibew441dc

Do the pool's slide anchor studs need to be bonded and how if they are installed after the deck is poured? I thought about building a template out of rebar for encasement but Im unsure if this is overkill.The slide instructions show anchors installed with epoxy and studs that will be exposed in the base of the slide which is all bolted together plastic.These are the only parts not connected to the grid.
Thank's

I would say yes the anchor studs need to be bonded based on the following rule...How you do it after the deck is poured is another question. It may be easier to get some kind of insulating nonconductive compound and be done with it??
680.26 Equipotential Bonding.
(3) Metallic Components. All metallic parts of the pool structure, including reinforcing metal not addressed in 680.26(B)(1)(a), shall be bonded. Where reinforcing steel is encapsulated with a nonconductive compound, the reinforcing steel shall not be required to be bonded.

ibew441dc

NECPLUS.ORG
Illustration for 680.26(B)(3)

All metallic components are required by 680.26(B)(3) to be bonded. This illustration shows a metal-perimeter pool with bolted or welded sections of steel or aluminum, bonded to other parts with 8 AWG copper conductors.

document.php

bgeorge

We normally leave a long whip of solid #8 on the bonding(roughing) of the pool, and come back right before final inspection and use dirrect buriel lugs and stainless steel nuts and bolts drilled thought the legs of the slide also. if there are any anchor sockets on the rough we bond them too. Better to be safe than sorry...:smile:

Davis9

Thank's

Wouldn't 680 26 (B) (3) cover this? Provided they meet the requirements.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.