Go into the Label & Sign business

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few code cycles have added a number of signs and labels requirements.
If the Article in Contractor Magazine is accurate, there is another label that will now become necessary during installation.

"Section 110.24 Available Fault Current
Proposal 1-183 Log No. 4783
(New) This new section requires service equipment to be field-marked with the amount of available short-circuit current when installed. When modifications to the system occur that cause changes to the available fault current, the marking has to be updated accordingly. An ex-ception is provided for industrial installations that provide conditions controlled by qualified persons."

*remember this is from the magazine...*

There may have to be a companion proposal, something like this:
" Manufacturers will be required to have multiple sized panel-covers available for the installer so as to be able to comply with the many different labeling/signs required to be installed." ;):grin:

mpd

i have been thinking the same thing, probably the lawsuits & insurance companies have something to do with the trend,

B4T

Office Max sells "do it yourself" bumber stickers that you can print just like a mailing label. Making signs will never be a problem if they start selling magnetic paper to print

ericsherman37

Office Max sells "do it yourself" bumber stickers that you can print just like a mailing label. Making signs will never be a problem if they start selling magnetic paper to print

You can do that online too. I make most of my own bumper stickers (and I have a lot of them) and not one has withered or peeled off yet.

As for the bulletin board thing, why don't the manufacturers just start making panel covers out of cork board?

:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.