No Knockouts Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

.......I've never seen the C punch - .............

15911.JPG

how does it work?

Click here for the instruction manual. Basically, you don't need to drill a hole or have a hole to start with. The punch and die are not drawn together with a bolt, but pushed together from opposite sides. 100x faster than a typical KO set. This is the absolute best thing for punching out gutters, tubs, panels, troughs, etc. that do not have factory KOs (and the ONLY way to fly, IMPO).​

Not pictured is the hydraulic pump needed to run it.
whisperingsmiley.gif
I won't mention I got mine on fleabay for $211.​

editsmiley.gif
Edit to add: The two pins in the photo (between the punches and dies) are for centering the KO. You don't need to make crosshairs to get the hole right where you want it, you only need to mark the center. Place the pin on the center, and boom, you're done.​

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
I will stick with my uni bits in 1/2", 3/4" & 1" pipe sizes. The shop has C punches but to me they are more of a pain to hall around then they are worth.

This thread will be printed out and sent to all manufacturers of electrical equipment to facilitate the demise of pre-punched knockouts in ALL enclosures larger than a four square box.

ATTENTION MANUFACTURERS!!!

WE OWN TOOLS THAT ARE CAPABLE OF CREATING HOLES IN METAL OBJECTS!!!

Why are you catering to the 1% of electricians that can't afford a hole saw?
Why do I have to SPECIAL ORDER an enclosure with no knockouts?
Why are the holes you provide NEVER in the right place?
Why aren't the holes spaced to be compatible with Unistrut?

YOU ARE NOT HELPING US,YOU ARE HURTING US!!!

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

Since the manufacturer 'talked' to your employer who pays for the device they evaluated what would be more cost effective. In addition the homeowner does not have the need to buy a tool for a one-shot deal.

Personally I think that the punch outs are way too weak, making them highly susceptible to leave unintended opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.