Ground up in Tennesee!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman

I'm visiting my brother in Nashville (and on his computer). In his new home, all the grounds are up on the receptacles. I have installed them that way in commercial building, as per specs, but not in a home. He doesn't like 'em up, so I was wondering if it is a local or state code?

I know that this issue has been discussed here before, at length. I suppose this may drift off course and get closed agin if it goe that way. Could someone from Tennesse answer my question BEFORE we drift off subject?

btharmy

Short, sweet, and to the point. I like it. If it weren't for iwire stepping up to maintain order this post could have easily gone 5 or 6 pages. :grin: BRAVO!!!!

C3PO

CP3O, he actully lives in Franklin, outside of Nashville. Could it be a local thing?

No, Different EC's install them different ways according to their preference. I have done some work in that area and did mine ground down without any issues.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
As long as they are not in a kitchen or bath with the ground "Face Up" :D

it is code section I have not ever seen added to the endless argument on the inevitable shift this post is going to take.:D:D:D

celtic

Man I wish there such a thing as a butt-kissing emoticon :D

Get it before the coppers do!

unavailable_large.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Minuteman

No, Different EC's install them different ways according to their preference. I have done some work in that area and did mine ground down without any issues.

Might ought to swap PM's with me. He might need a EC and my trip charge is too much for small service call. :smile:

He is manager at the Harley Davidson World. :smile:

celtic

Yes, that's it. All day...

He has a few that he has turned himself. I can't stand it. All up or all down is okay. Up and down, mixed??? Yuck!!! :D

Maybe someone can post a picture of the "spinning" style for your brother to approve/disapprove ~ that should be enough to get you put someone's head thru a wall :D

Status
Not open for further replies.