Heading to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm gonna take a vacation at the end of June and head down to Florida, staying in Saint Augustine. If anybody wants to meet up whilst I'm down there, shout. We'll be there from June 27 - July 02. :)

We plan on driving down to the keys and back one of those days (which, according to Google Maps is a slim possibility), so if you live anywhere in Florida I'll be driving a rented Dodge Charger past your house that day. :D

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I'm gonna take a vacation at the end of June and head down to Florida, staying in Saint Augustine.

Give my Mom a kiss for me.

We plan on driving down to the keys and back one of those days (which, according to Google Maps is a slim possibility),
It is possible but depending on where in the keys your headed, you could be on the road 12 to 14hrs. Can't get a room for the night?

480sparky

Not unless they're on the same plane. ;)

They do make things called parachutes, you know!
smiley_skydive.gif

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Why not? ........

Because that's when the heat starts to crank up, and everyone else in the country will be taking their florida vacation during the same time.

You'll be okay as long as you steer clear of disney, etc. . .

Are you flying into jacksonville?

bphgravity

George,

If you find yourself on the West Coast anywhere between Naples and Tampa, give me a call and perhaps we can get a chance to meet and grab a bite to eat.

In any case, enjoy your trip!

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Stop back by the Smoky Mountains and I'll buy.

Roger

radiopet

I'm gonna take a vacation at the end of June and head down to Florida, staying in Saint Augustine. If anybody wants to meet up whilst I'm down there, shout. We'll be there from June 27 - July 02. :)

We plan on driving down to the keys and back one of those days (which, according to Google Maps is a slim possibility), so if you live anywhere in Florida I'll be driving a rented Dodge Charger past your house that day. :D

Have fun George...I love St. Augustine. Be sure to go to the Gator Farm that is down their as it is a site to see. If you get a change you may want to call Mike Holt and drive down to Leesburg and say hi....he has a nice facility and I am sure he would like to meet ya if you have not already met him.

mivey

I hope you have a good time. We like to visit St. Augustine as well. Some of the cool stuff:
Alligator Farm
Castillo de San Marcos
Fountain of Youth
Potter's Wax Museum
Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum
Shops near Flagler College
And, of course, the beach

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I hope you have a good time. We like to visit St. Augustine as well. Some of the cool stuff:
Alligator Farm
Castillo de San Marcos
Fountain of Youth
Potter's Wax Museum
Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum
Shops near Flagler College
And, of course, the beach

And the Mill Top.:smile:

Flagler College, one of my favorite complexes to walk around. Love old buildings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.